Yesterday, Waris Dirie was awarded in the House of Lords in London, with the prestigious „Liberal International Prize for Freedom 2015“ for her groundbreaking work with her Desert Flower Foundation, to eradicate FGM. British government minister Lynne Featherstone presented the Award to Waris Dirie, which has been given since 29 year to numerous prominent people fighting for Freedom, Justice and Human Rights. Waris Dirie presented the Desert Flower Foundation project „Save a little Desert Flower“ in her speech and announced to save 1 Million girls with sponsorship contracts in the next years. „FGM can be ended in my lifetime, if we all work together, as this crime has no place in the 21st century“ Waris Dirie claimed in her speech.
- Die Initiative ist ein wichtiges Zeichen im Kampf gegen FGM! Wir fordern eine strengere Kontrolle auf Flughäfen... fb.me/ZexAtlzMPosted 3 days ago
- The initiative is an important sign in the fight against FGM! FGM is practiced not only in certain parts of... fb.me/4F1StukvfPosted 3 days ago
- USA: Two more doctors are performing FGM in clinic! These doctors did not only break their oath to save... fb.me/8cFQMUd5LPosted 4 days ago
- USA: Weitere Ärzte betreiben heimlich FGM in Kliniken! Diese Ärzte haben nicht nur ihren Eid gebrochen, sondern... fb.me/8E3TeY4V0Posted 4 days ago
- #WorldBookDay Over 400 million children in Africa have never held a book! Support our education project and give a child its first book!Posted 6 days ago
- About Waris Dirie
- Waris Dirie and Mey present the project „Together for African Women“/ Waris Dirie und Mey präsentieren das Projekt „Together for African Women“
- The books
- Our Supporters
- US ÄRZTIN SIEHT FGM ALS RELIGIÖSE PFLICHT!
- FGM and poverty / FGM und Armut
- ÄGYPTEN: JUNGES MÄDCHEN STIRBT WÄHREND FGM OPERATION
- Our Project: Save the little Desert Flowers
- H&M - A photoshoot in New York City