Yesterday, Waris Dirie was awarded in the House of Lords in London, with the prestigious „Liberal International Prize for Freedom 2015“ for her groundbreaking work with her Desert Flower Foundation, to eradicate FGM. British government minister Lynne Featherstone presented the Award to Waris Dirie, which has been given since 29 year to numerous prominent people fighting for Freedom, Justice and Human Rights. Waris Dirie presented the Desert Flower Foundation project „Save a little Desert Flower“ in her speech and announced to save 1 Million girls with sponsorship contracts in the next years. „FGM can be ended in my lifetime, if we all work together, as this crime has no place in the 21st century“ Waris Dirie claimed in her speech.
- fb.me/5wEKUlli3Posted 14 hours ago
- Today is #internationaldayofhumanrights! FGM breaches all human rights and has no place in the 21st century!... fb.me/2T5pLfaTHPosted 14 hours ago
- New interior minister Rudd's determination to tackle FGM seems to fade! British doctors are calling schools to... fb.me/38uuzrkQpPosted 15 hours ago
- BritischeÄrzte fordern einen verpflichtenden FGM Lehrplan für Schulen! Doch die neue Innenministerin bleibt... fb.me/44MgUUps1Posted 15 hours ago
- Listen to her words! Waris Dirie at yesterday's philantrophy seminar of Sabanci Foundation! You can be the change! https://t.co/QH2fVZM7pEPosted 1 day ago
- About Waris Dirie
- Pictures from the Desert Flower Premiere in Addis / Bilder der Wüstenblume Premiere in Äthiopien
- Still in Ethiopia... / Noch immer in Äthiopien...
- The books
- Waris Dirie and Mey present the project „Together for African Women“/ Waris Dirie und Mey präsentieren das Projekt „Together for African Women“
- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!
- Forced marriage, FGM and sex with children
- Letters to my Mother, part III, "Time of Reconciliation"
- A Logo for Human Rights: VOTE NOW! JETZT ABSTIMMEN!