Yesterday, Waris Dirie was awarded in the House of Lords in London, with the prestigious „Liberal International Prize for Freedom 2015“ for her groundbreaking work with her Desert Flower Foundation, to eradicate FGM. British government minister Lynne Featherstone presented the Award to Waris Dirie, which has been given since 29 year to numerous prominent people fighting for Freedom, Justice and Human Rights. Waris Dirie presented the Desert Flower Foundation project „Save a little Desert Flower“ in her speech and announced to save 1 Million girls with sponsorship contracts in the next years. „FGM can be ended in my lifetime, if we all work together, as this crime has no place in the 21st century“ Waris Dirie claimed in her speech.
- Today I want to share the story of a young Maasai girl with you and ask you for your help! Together we can help... fb.me/6a2cMb6HrPosted 10 hours ago
- Heute möchte ich euch die Geschichte eines jungen Massai Mädchens erzählen und euch um eure Hilfe bitten!... fb.me/8rXwr3LqoPosted 10 hours ago
- Dedicating this wonderful picture to all African girls! Support these girls to grow up to be self-determined and s… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Posted 3 days ago
- @KeringForWomen It is important to fill the gap through education! #endfgmthrougheducation twitter.com/KeringForWomen…Posted 4 days ago
- Im Alter von 5 Jahren erlebte ich das grausame Ritual der FGM. Von diesem Tag an wusste ich, dass ich gegen...… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Posted 4 days ago
- About Waris Dirie
- Our Project: Save the little Desert Flowers
- WARIS, HELP ME!
- The books
- Forced marriage, FGM and sex with children
- Pictures from the Desert Flower Premiere in Addis / Bilder der Wüstenblume Premiere in Äthiopien
- WARIS DIRIE: BECOME ACTIVE!
- African Union appoints Waris Dirie as Ambassador for Peace and Security in Africa / Afrikanische Union ernennt Waris Dirie zur Botschafterin für Frieden und Sicherheit in Afrika
- WARIS DIRIE: WERDET SELBST AKTIV!